- 06 Feb 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 06 Feb 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
This article defines different terms used throughout this documentation. So please refer to this in case you are not sure about any terms in the documentation.
This is the administrative side of Probench which is used to configure the survey, retrieve the data submitted and configure feedback. Using this area Administrators would also be able to manage users, invite participants etc..
Area of the probench that is displayed to the platform’s end users/logins. In other words this is the area of Probench which would be accessible to the participant's users and it from this area from where the participants would be able to submit their responses to the survey.
These are the companies or individuals who are participating in your index or to whom you are collecting data from. There is a participants page to maintain them, In general, multiple particpants participate for an Index or Survey.
These are the real users who are linked to a participant. They are the respresentative who respond to a survey on behalf of participants. Probench does not retrict the number of users that can register on behalf of the participants.
It is the set of questionnaire structure which is used in a survey. It consist of multiple pages, multiple fields and conditions. You can link one particular template to multiple survey. You can copy a template, usually used for copying survey from previous year.
Refers to the questionnaire created using the template manager.
The fundamental unit of every survey is a node and it determines what kind of data can be collected by your questions. In addition to your standard fields (text, number, multiple choice, drop down and checkboxes), Probench provides premade structures of custom datatype like table structures or other complex combinations.
It is a logical grouping, which inturn helps in linking participants with surveys. Thus helping in running multiple surveys for diffrent participants, including a participant enrolled in 2 surveys.
These are the representatives of organization who conduct the Index/Survey. They will be managing the surveys, templates, reports and brochures. In short they are the clients of Probench, who use probench as a platform to conduct multiple surveys for 100 to 1000 participants across globe.
This is the references to the page Survey –> Manage Templates.
As the name suggests it is set of data. You can create any number of such datasets in the system. It primarily helps to retrieve the data that is stored in Probench formats like CSV, XLS, XML and JSON. These datasets can have any number of columns and also be used to perform calculations and validations on the data stored in probench.
These are mainly used in conjuction with Datasets. Each Datasets can have multiple fields. In Datasets where each output (flat or computated) is called as field. You can also visualize a field a column in the csv or xls output from the dataset i.e. each field corresponds to each column in the output.
These are mainly used in conjuction with Datasets. Probench has about 50+ functions which can be used to:
- Get data stored in Probench,
- Perform mathematical calculations,
- Perform statistical calculations like averages, ranks, quartiles etc...
- Perform logical operations like using IF statements like the way you do in Excel spreadsheets
- Live Server: It is the actual Server where we run the platform. So when the user enters the url for the platform it is available on thier browsers. The primary users for this platform are participants and team (our clients) administrating/running the surveys.
Development team (73BIT) are advised not to make any changes or modification on this platform, since the data available here is live data. However we have a ” *73BIT Test Company” to do any checkings in case we find an issue/bug in the platform.
- Stage Server: This is almost a replica of the Live Server in terms of functionality. However the data is not replciated (or partly replicated in case to test few scenarios). The purpose of this Server to performance testing/verification with out effecting the live data or bringing the Live Server down. This gives a good playground to experiment with the new feature and make sure it works as expected.
In case some terms are not mentioned here and you have doubts please do not hesitate to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org